Pad. 18 Stand C/23
Founded in 1898, the Galleria Russo is the oldest Italian modern art gallery. Throughout 124 years of activity it has made a fundamental contribution to our country creation of an art market that has been totally renewed compared to nineteenth-century standards and in line with the socio-economic structure established in the post-war period. In the memory of fans, the name of Galleria Russo inseparably linked to the human and professional relationship established between the 1940s and 1967 with Giorgio de Chirico, a great Italian art scene of the 1900s protagonist, and to a series of exhibitions of great importance. Since the early 2000s, Fabrizio Russo, great-grandson of the founder Pasquale Addeo, has introduced an exhibition programme which alternates important historical masters of 20th century research exhibitions with discovery and development of young contemporary artists.